House Rent Allowance

Can I claim HRA even if I'm staying at my parents' house

Can I claim HRA even if I’m staying at my parents’ house?

Salaried individuals residing in rented house are entitled to tax exemption on House Rent Allowance (HRA) under Section 10(13A) of the Income Tax Act, 1961. But are you aware of the fact that you, as a salaried individual you can take advantage of this exemption while staying at your parents’ home.