GSTR-3B is a simplified summary return form comprising of inward and outward supplies. In addition, this return is to be filed even if there has been no business activity.
Who has to file GSTR-3B?
All normal taxpayers and casual taxpayers are required to file Form. However, the following persons are exempted from filing this return:
– Input Service Distributor
– Composition dealers
– Suppliers of OIDAR (Online Information Database Access and Retrieval) services
– Non resident taxable person
Steps to follow to get your GSTR-3B filed at TaxHelpdesk
Once your order is placed, TaxHelpdesk’s dedicated team for reviewing of documents will check the documents uploaded by you within 24 working hours. Furthermore, after reviewing documents, a Tax Expert will be assigned and your order will be processed apart from this, you also will be able to check the status of the order in your assigned account.
Pre-requisites for filing
It can be filed only those taxpayers who has filed GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 has been populated.
Divisions of Sections
When should be filed?
The taxpayers having aggregate annual turnover of less than Rs. 5 crores have an option to file their Return either monthly or quarterly.
Due dates for filing
Late fees associated with filing
Up to May, 2021
Having Tax Liability (Rs)
Nil Tax Liability (Rs)
June, 2021 and onwards
Nil Tax Liability (Rs)
AATO upto Rs. 5 crores (Rs)
AATO above Rs. 1.5 crores and less than Rs. 5 crores (Rs)
AATO above Rs. 5 crores (Rs)
Late fees under CGST/day
Late fees under SGST/day
Maximum Late fees under CGST/per return
Maximum Late Fees under SGST/per return
Total maximum fees per return
Process of filing
Documents required for filing
– Summary details of outward supplies and inward supplies liable to reverse charge and tax liability
– Details of inter-State supplies made to unregistered persons/composition taxable persons and UIN holders
– Details of ITC available, ITC reversal, Net ITC available, Ineligible ITC, etc.
– Summary details of exempt, nil, and non-GST inward supplies
– Details of interest and late fee
– Details of payment of tax and interest and late fee (if any)
– Details of TDS/TCS credit
Once filed, cannot be revised. However, any adjustment can be made in the subsequent period.
No, you cannot reset GSTR-3B.
Form GSTR-3B can be filed from the returns section of the GST Portal. Moreover, in the post login mode, you can access it by going to Services > Returns > Returns Dashboard. However, after selecting the financial year and tax period, Form GSTR-3B applicable in the given period will be displayed.