43rd GST Council Meeting heading by Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman was held through video conferencing at New Delhi on May 28, 2021.
Major Takeaways of 43rd GST Council Meeting
1. Amnesty Scheme with reduced late fees for pending returns
Amnesty Scheme to provide relief to taxpayers regarding late fee for pending returns. Late fee for non-furnishing Form GSTR-3B for the tax periods from July, 2017 to April, 2021 has been reduced / waived. This reduce rate of late fee would apply if GSTR-3B returns for these tax periods are furnished between 01.06.2021 to 31.08.2021.
3. Rate of interest for small taxpayers
Waiver of late fee for small taxpayers for delay in furnishing return in FORM GSTR-3B for the tax periods March / QE March, 2021. Moreover, April 2021 for 60 days and 45 days respectively, from the due date of furnishing FORM GSTR-3B.
Also Read: How to calculate GST?
4. Reduced rate of interest for other taxpayers
The relief measures provide to the taxpayers under the notifications on 01.05.2021. Moreover, the following further relaxations provide to the taxpayers having aggregate annual turnover. This turnover is more than Rs. 5 crore in filing of GSTR -3B. In addition, composition tax dealers in filing of CMP-08:
5. Certain other extensions of filings
– GSTR-1/ IFF for the month of May 2021 by 15 days.
– Extension of due date of filing GSTR-4 for FY 2020-21 to 31.07.2021.
– ITC-04 for QE March 2021 to 30.06.2021.
6. Simplification of Annual Return
Some other Major Takeaways Of 43rd GST Council Meeting
7. COVID-19 relief items
– COVID-19 goods are such as medical oxygen, oxygen concentrators and other oxygen storage and transportation equipment. Even more, diagnostic markers test kits and COVID-19 vaccines, etc. They suggest for full exemption from IGST.
– Import of COVID-19 items use for donating to the government. Also, on recommendation of state authority to any relief agency. Moreover, this exemption shall be valid upto 31.08.2021.
– As regards individual items, to constitute a Group of Ministers (GoM) to go into the need for further relief to COVID-19 related individual items immediately. The GOM shall give its report by 08.06.2021.
– Amphotericin B, medicine for Black Fungus Cases is exempted from GST and Custom duty.
– The GST rate on Diethylcarbamazine (DEC) tablets has been recommended for reduction from 12% to 5%.
– GST rate of 12% to apply on parts of sprinkler / drip irrigation systems falling under tariff heading 8424 (nozzle/laterals) to apply. Further, if these two goods are sold separately.
8. Exemption Services
Services supplied to an educational institution including anganwadi which also provide pre-school education. This food including mid-day meals under any midday meals scheme. This scheme sponsored by Government is exempt from levy of GST irrespective of funding. Moreover, such supplies from government grants or corporate donation
Services under the examination including entrance examination. The fee for such examinations, by National Board of Examination (NBE), or similar Central or State Educational Boards. In addition, these input services relating thereto are exempt from GST.
The developer promoter allow to pay goods and services tax. This is relating to such apartments any time before or at the time of issuance of completion certificate.
Distribution of paddy / wheat into flour and rice to Government and local authority etc. Furthermore, it is exempt from GST, if the value of goods in such composite supply does not exceed 25%
If you have any suggestions/feedback, then please leave the comment below. Moreover, for more updates on Taxation, Financial and Legal matters, join our group on WhatsApp or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin